How To Pick a Reputable Publishing Firm
Attributes of a Good Publishing Firm
As writers ourselves, we have worked with several publishing firms throughout the course of our own personal businesses and in doing so, we created and shaped Spectrum Publishing, Inc. to be able to interact with our clients in the same fashion that we, the directors, expect to be treated -- as human beings and not a paycheck.
We present to you a few key points that one might not think to ask during the initial stages of development. Do your homework for it will serve you well further down the road.
- Are they actively involved in your project?
- Do they give you honest feedback or just stroke your ego?
- Are they interested in you succeeding, or just your payment check?
- Do they meet face to face with you to discuss your needs?
- Can you readily call them when you have a challenge, or just send an email?
- Do they offer a full range of services to assist in the development of your project?
- Are their services “bundled”, or able to be customized to fit your specific needs?
- Are the costs reasonable for their services and based on the effort involved instead of a flat fee?
- Do they understand the market to help you to focus on your target audience?
- Are they constantly seeking the best values in printing and marketing?
- Are they with you every step of the way and at your pace, not theirs?
- Do you jointly own the publishing rights with this publisher?
- Do you receive a royalty check each month based on a contractual agreement?
- Did the publisher register the copyright in the name of the author or authors rather than their firm?
- Is the relationship a “win-win” basis with an escape clause for either party?
Contact Us and Get Published Today!
SpectrumPublishing.Org Division of Spectrum Companies, Inc. 76 North Main Street Unit 1 Marshall, NC 28753 (828) 333-5173 firstname.lastname@example.org www.SpectrumPublishing.org